Today some friends and I went to the Denver Zoo. It was a free day which was great if you can snag a good parking spot (which we did) and can get out before the crowds pour in (which we sort of did).
Kendyl's Favorites: the lion and monkeys
Kendyl's "Mom-Don't-Ever-Show-Me-That-Again": the fish
That's right she is terrified of them. Started crying even. I think it has something to do with the fact that she thinks they can get her. Apparently, the zoo keeps their aquarium glass very clean.
On her carousal ride. Wasn't too sure about the whole experience.
I was craving chocolate (again) and decided to make this.
Of course between the batter and frosting tasting my craving went away. Now I just have to figure out how to eat it all.
I had visions of a beautifully decorated cake but instead halfway through the orange squiggles, the bag of frosting exploded on the cake. I disguised it with my lovely little pumpkins. I think they are pretty ugly, but hey my taste buds don't care about 5th grade-looking pumpkins.
All in all, with my history of cakes I was pretty impressed.
p.s. 18 days until candy if my counter is right
which means 19 'til the baby SHOULD come!!

3 comments:
Can't wait for candy or baby! I have not sent my package yet...maybe tomorrow? Saturday for sure! The cake looks good enough to eat...especially with the pumpkins...Guess I won't be sending Kendyl a pet goldfish...
I decided to try that homemade cake/frosting recipe and let me tell you, it was amazing!!! :) Thanks, Liesel!
I thought the cake looked great! I also love free days anywhere but especially to the zoo. Glad you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment